Thursday, December 18, 2014

TV Tropes is the best thing ever


If you're planning on writing a FATE campaign, tvtropes.org is the best resource available to you.  Any of the tropes listed can be easily become Aspects and, like the FATE fractal the more you drill down, the more aspects you have to play with.

For example, we know Shadowrun is a mashup of Cyberpunk and Fantasy

Just looking at those two entries, we have a ton of Aspects we can choose to use when designing our setting and world.

Just looking at Cyberpunk, we have leads into a corruption, nihilism, cyberwear and so much more.  As I design New Orleans in 2056, I'm going to be pulling Aspects out of Tropes listed on the website, from the various trope pages I like.  

Check out:




And the tropes that link off of those pages, to get an idea of what I mean and what I'll be using in the future.

Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment